What does an NDIS Plan Manager do in Western Australia?
- Easy and secure payments
- No Personal Costs
- Comprehensive NDIS Assistance
- Expert NDIS Plan Management Western Australia
An NDIS plan manager is responsible for managing the funding that an NDIS participant receives through their NDIS plan. The participant appoints the plan manager, and their role is to ensure that the participant’s funding is efficiently and effectively used to achieve the participant’s goals. The specific tasks that an NDIS plan manager performs can vary depending on the participant’s individual needs and circumstances.
However, here are some tasks that NDIS plan management Western Australia cover:
- Setting up and managing a budget
- Paying invoices
- Tracking spending to avoid under or overspending
- Providing budget/spending reports
- Liaising with service providers.
- Providing guidance and support for effective budget management
Overall, the role of an NDIS plan management Western Australia provider is to provide support and guidance to the participant, ensuring that their NDIS funding is used in the most effective way possible to meet their needs and achieve their goals.
NDIS plan management Western Australia or any other region is a service provided to NDIS participants who need assistance managing their NDIS funding. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian government initiative that provides support and services to people with disabilities. NDIS plan management Western Australia helps participants manage the funding they receive through the scheme, ensuring that the funding is used most effectively to meet the participant’s needs and achieve their goals.
There are three types of NDIS plan management: self-management, plan-managed, and NDIA-managed.
- Self-management means that the participant manages their own NDIS funding.
- Plan-managed means that a registered NDIS plan management Western Australia provider manages the funding on the participant’s behalf.
- NDIA-managed means that the NDIA manages the funding directly.
Why choose Sky Plan Management For NDIS Plan Management Western Australia?
In most cases we pay provider invoices within 2 business days from receipt.
This ensures continuity of service for you and up to date information on your budget expenditure.
The fees we charge for Plan Management are specifically funded in your NDIS plan and don’t come out of any other budgets within your plan.
At Sky, our business is solely NDIS Plan Management.
That means 100% of our resources, time, energy and passion is dedicated to providing you with premium plan management services.
Our friendly team of experts is always available to answer your questions and support you along the way.
We understand that there’s not a one size fits all approach to providing plan management.
Your unique circumstances are always taken into consideration when providing you with advice and support.
- Our user-friendly Budget Dashboard is accessible via mobile, tablet and desktop computer. Your budgets, balances and expenditure are all easily accessible. Past invoices can be viewed and downloaded.
- Our dashboard also provides you the option to view and approve invoices before we process them. You’ll receive an email notification that there are invoices awaiting your approval in the dashboard.
- We also have a document holding facility in the dashboard that securely stores any important documents such as your NDIS Plan, agreements and letters of recommendation. These documents can be accessed and downloaded at any time.
- With your permission, your dashboard is also accessible by your Support Coordinator or key worker that will provide them with the up-to-date information they need to ensure they can provide you with the best support possible.
- You’ll receive a monthly statement that provides all the information on your budget balances and expenditure.
- We also reach out regularly via telephone to alert you to any over or under spend during the life of your NDIS plan.
We can assist you with working out the number of hours per week you can access under each funding category.
- Need to purchase something online but don’t have the funds upfront?
- We can place orders online for you and claim the funds back from your NDIS plan
- Conditions apply
Whichever State or Territory you reside in, we can service you.
How Our NDIS Plan Managers in Western Australia Can Help You
As a team providing comprehensive NDIS plan management in Western Australia, we aim to support NDIS participants in managing their funding and achieving their goals. Our team comprises experienced NDIS plan managers who are registered with the NDIS and have a deep understanding of the NDIS system. We are committed to providing personalised, high-quality services tailored to each participant’s unique needs and goals. We work closely with participants and their families to ensure that their NDIS plan is implemented in a way that meets their needs and helps them to achieve their goals.
Our comprehensive NDIS plan management Western Australia include the following:
- Assisting with plan implementation
- Tracking spending and budgets
- Paying invoices
- Coordinating services and supports
- Providing ongoing support and guidance
We can also assist with NDIS plan reviews and provide advice and assistance with navigating the NDIS system. Our team is dedicated to making the NDIS process as stress-free and easy as possible for participants and their families. We believe that by providing comprehensive NDIS plan management in Western Australia, we can help participants to achieve their goals and live their best lives.
FAQs about NDIS Plan Management in Western Australia
When setting up your NDIS plan, you will be given the option to choose your plan management. You can choose self-management, plan-managed, or NDIA-managed. It’s important to consider your individual needs and abilities when choosing your plan management
You can find a registered NDIS plan manager on the NDIS website or by contacting the NDIA directly. It’s important to choose a plan manager who is registered with the NDIS and has experience in managing NDIS plans.
NDIS plan management covers a range of services, including paying invoices, tracking spending, and keeping track of services received. The specific services covered may vary depending on the type of plan management chosen.
NDIS plan management and support coordination are two different services provided by the NDIS. Plan management focuses on managing the participant’s NDIS funding, while support coordination focuses on helping the participant access and coordinate services and supports.